Introduction Blog

  Matts Art Blog #1

    Hello all, My name is Matt Koethe. I am from Minnetonka, MN but have lived here in Fairbanks, AK for the last 5 years or so. I am a junior here at UAF majoring in sport and recreation business and minoring in law and society. I am a big fan of sports and outdoor activities. I am on the hockey team here at UAF and before that I was on the Fairbanks Ice Dogs. Other than hockey my hobbies exist of watching movies, exploring nature, socializing with friends, and facetiming my dog. 

    Art is something that I really don't have much of a relationship with. I enjoy some art and can appreciate it, but I myself don't take part in too many artistic activities. I do enjoy going to museums and such and can really enjoy my time in these spaces. I do find myself enjoying cartoon style art like the picture I attached as well. It is from a French artist named Simon Bailly. I would like to challenge myself to try and do more artistic things in the future as it's something that I may be able to benefit from. Just playing around with the fonts on this blog has been fun for me and is artistic in a way.

Comments

  1. I have a friend who lives in Paris and does cartooning. She draws little doodle characters of folks she sees and makes them into postcards to send to friends. Glad you had fun playing with fonts. I do that all the time creating graphics for thumbnails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt! My husband and I just moved up here and we love attending the UAF hockey games and the Ice Dogs hockey games. I find cartoon art pretty neat, and it is always cool to see the different styles of cartoon art! Great first blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Matt, I really enjoyed reading your blog. Sport and recreation sounds like an interesting topic to me. I really like the art work that you put into your blog. I have not heard of Simon Bailly before, but it seems like he creates a lot of interesting art pieces. I hope you do well in the course!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post Modern Blog

Classical art exhibit blog